From the World University General Catalog :

[800.010] How to take a course or program at WorldU

Marriage and Family Therapists wanting to take specific courses to meet California (only) licensure requirements, please click here.

There are six ways you can take WorldU courses, depending on your needs and goals. Each way provides you with a different kind of recognition and has its own slightly different application and enrollment process. All our courses are available to all six types of students (and the general public), provided that students (except auditors) meet that course’s prerequisites (or receive permission from the instructor or course mentor). All students (except auditors) who take a given course read the same books and complete the similar assignments.[AC5-24-10]


Type of
Type of
How to apply:
1. BA Completion Degree Units toward BA degree Click the following links
for information about our
BA Completion Program
in Psychology
2. MA Degree Units toward MA degree Click the following links
for information about:
Counseling Psychology
Consciousness Psychology
3. Vocational Certificate
Hours toward vocational certificate
in Thanatology or Spiritual Ministry
Click the following links
for information about:
Spiritual Ministry
4. Professional
Continuing Education
Certificate of
CEU hours
click on the CEU enrollment form next to the course description in the  listing of currently available courses
5. Open Enrollment Process
(open to the general public). Open Enrollment Process students complete the same reading and writing assignments, and take the same tests, as
students in categories
1 thru 4.
Notice of Course
click on the link to the Open Enrollment Process form below the course description in the  listing of currently available courses
6. Auditors
(pay $45 for read-only access to course materials and discussions, plus access to Auditors’ Discussion Groups)
Letter of Appreciation
(no units or

For Auditors only


Courses taken under one student status (1 through 5, above) are not automatically transferrable to another program. Some units can be transferred in some circumstances. For example, psychology courses completed as an Open Enrollment Process Program student can be transferred to a BA program in Psychology within two years of the date of completion, provided the student applies and is accepted for admission into the BA program and pays some additional registration fees. On the other hand, CEU hours can never be granted on the basis of work previously completed. We will make every effort to meet our students’ needs, subject to costs we incur and the constraints placed upon us by various administrative and accrediting agencies. Please call the Administrative Office for more details.

[800.020] Eligibility for Admission:

Eligibility for admission to the Bachelor’s Completion programs requires successful completion of 90 quarter units (or 60 semester units) of college courses (general education included).

Eligibility for admission to the Master’s programs requires a Bachelor of Arts degree or Bachelor of Science.

Eligibility for admission to the Vocational Certificate Programs, Continuing Education courses and all courses taken as an Adult Education student requires that the applicant have the ability to benefit from the training offered.

Ability to Benefit Examinations:

If an applicant does not have a required high school diploma or GED Certificate, or if the institution has reason to believe that a prospective student will have difficulty learning because they appear to be marginal in competency or English language skills, they must take a Ability to Benefit test administered by an Ability to Benefit testing service in good standing with the U.S. Department of Education. Results indicating passage of the required test for competency must be submitted to the World University when required by the University and retained in the student record.

There are a number of Ability to Benefit Tests, including Accuplacer, Wonderlic and others. Choose one that you like or all that may be accessible and acceptable, and, when required by the institution, submit the results indicating passage of the test according to the testing agency’s standards.

There are no eligibility requirements for auditors.

Please note that World University has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other institutions.

[800.030] Admission Procedures for Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program

Eligibility for admission to the Bachelor’s Completion Program requires successful completion of an Associate in Arts (or Science) Degree or the equivalent (90 quarter units or 60 semester units, including courses satisfying all Calif. general education requirements).

The applicant must complete Application Part One (online) and Part Two (by mail), filing Part Two with a one time non-refundable application fee of $100.00 one quarter prior to the intended start date.

[ONSITE STUDENTS ONLY] The applicant must provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or other document indicating that the applicant is legally in this country on a permanent basis.

The applicant must be interviewed either by telephone or e-mail.

Notification of Admission will be sent to accepted students within two weeks after the application and evaluation is complete.

Upon acceptance, the student will be prompted to register via REGISTRATION GATEWAY and register for the classes stated in the evaluation/acceptance form. The enrollment agreement is integrated in the Registration form. An accepted student is asked to make a good faith deposit at time of registration.

For an Admission Application for BA Completion Program, please visit

[800.040] Transfer Credit for Bachelor Completion Degree Students

Transfer applicants must have a transcript sent from each college attended. Fully authenticated transcripts must be sent directly from the student’s previous school or university to the Registrar at World University.

World University will accept transfer credits only from institutions approved by the State of California public or private institutions of higher learning accredited World by an accrediting association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, or any institution of higher learning, including foreign institutions, as long as the institution offering the undergraduate program documents that the institution of higher learning at which the units were earned offers degree programs equivalent to degree programs approved by the State of California or accredited by an accrediting association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.

Students are accepted depending on the quality of previous work attempted, and depending on whether or not the applicant is under suspension from another college. A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (C) or better is required on all previous college work attempted. If the transferring student’s record does not meet the University’s core requirement, the Admissions Office may require further evidence of the capacity of the student.

[800.050] Admission Requirements for Graduate Students

The applicant must have an undergraduate background of 12 units in the area of the graduate degree. A provisional admission status may be gained while making up the background units.

Applicants to the graduate programs must have their undergraduate transcripts earned in other institutions sent directly to the Registrar’s office. The World University will accept credits earned from the types of institutions of higher learning described in the Transfer Credit for Bachelor Degree Students.

An admission application to the graduate school, and a non refundable fee of $100.00, must be submitted and accepted prior to the beginning of instruction.

The applicant must submit a recommendation from at least one college or university professor with whom the applicant studied, regarding the applicant’s academic abilities and character.

The applicant must be satisfactorily evaluated in an interview with the University Dean or other appointed administrative staff member.

Notification of Admission will be sent to the qualified students within 10 working days after the submission of the complete application package.

Admission Application for MA in Counseling Psychology:

Admission Application for MA in Integral Psychology and Consciousness Studies


[800.060] Admissions Requirements for Vocational Certificate Programs

Eligibility for admission to the Vocational Certificate Programs requires that the applicant has the ability to benefit from the training offered.

An application form for admission and a non refundable fee of $100.00, must be submitted and accepted prior to the beginning of instruction.

Must be 18 years of age, high school graduate/GED.

If the prospective student has not graduated from high school or does not have a GED, an Ability to Benefit Test will be required (see below).

If taking classes on-campus, a student must provide proof of their residency. Online students need not comply with this requirement.

Online students are expected to be computer and e-mail literate.

After the University receives the required documents, the admissions office will review the application. All applicants will be invited to register who are evaluated as having the ability to benefit from the training offered (subject to the limit in our class size). Without documentation of graduation from high school or a GED certificate, World University will be obligated to require the applicant to take a Ability to Benefit Test. World University will require a passing score on the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST). The required passing score will be the recommended passing score of the test publisher as approved by the United States Department of Education.

The WBST is a short form basic skills test commonly used in educational testing. Designed for adults, the WBST is part of many career school admissions testing programs. The WBST Verbal and Quantitative tests quickly measure skills required to succeed in nearly every career-training program. This test will verify that the candidate possesses the necessary job-related verbal and math skills. The WBST is approved by the U.S. Department of Education for use in qualifying non-high school graduates for Title IV Federal financial assistance under the Higher Education Act of 1965.

Our Vocational Certificate admission forms are being revised. Please apply for admission (and enroll in your courses) through our OPEN COLLEGE program.

[800.070] Admission Requirements for International Students

International students follow the same admission procedures and deadlines outlined above for all students.

International students must be able to prove evidence of their ability to read and write in the English language. This is done in the student’s country of origin or in the United States by passing an interview by the University Dean/Counselor or pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550.

International students must be able to provide proof that sufficient funds will be available to meet their educational and living expenses while studying in the United States and submit a verifiable financial statement regarding the student’s capability to support his/her studies in the United States; or, an affidavit guaranteeing financial support. Before registration becomes final, students must pay the entire tuition, foreign student fee and other applicable INS fees.

If transferring from another school with an already existing I-20, a clearance from the school is needed. A copy of previous I-20 must be submitted. International Students must submit official transcripts from secondary schools and colleges previously attended. It is expected that the student has a satisfactory academic record. International Students must provide an English translation for academic records not presented in English. Records must show course titles, length of course, number of hours per week, and final grades.

International Students must supply evidence of current health insurance coverage.

International Students must submit a non-refundable Application Fee of $100.00 for evaluation.

Upon acceptance, international students must pay a foreign student fee of $400.00 before a Certification of Eligibility (Form I-20) is issued to the student for application for a student (F-1) visa.


[800.080] World University Disclosure to International Students.

World University in Ojai does not provide English language services. The World University does provide I-20 Visa services. The University does not vouch for student status or associated charges. The international students must be able to prove evidence of their ability to read and write in the English language (see preceding section). Instruction at the World University is exclusively in English.

[800.090] Re-admission Requirements for Former Students

A student who has interrupted his/her attendance must have an official transcript if she/he attended another school prior to re-admission (showing good standing) sent to the Admissions Office. Students re-admitted to the University after an absence of one or more quarters may complete requirements under the catalog in effect at the time of initial attendance. However, students who interrupted their attendance more than two years must follow the catalog in effect at the time of re-admission.

[800.100] Performance Fact Sheet and Catalog

As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the school performance fact sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing the enrollment agreement. (The School Performance Fact Sheet appears at the end of this revised edition of the Catalog.)